Pages

Friday, January 31, 2020

Of Teacups and Poetry

33 and overcast this morning, and remained gray all day. I think the sun has forsaken us, just like the snow. What an odd winter we're having.

Working on Ebay today, listing a large set of ivy-patterned china. There were 9 teacups, so one of them will be my new daily cup next week. Then the extra will go to a booth, since I listed two sets of 4 cups and saucers, and really don't need any more in my cabinet.



I learned today that I'll be part of a poetry reading in April, so there's something to look forward to.Now to decide what poems to share. I'm part of a group of poets--we call ourselves the Camp Poets, since we meet once or twice a year at a river camp to work on our poems.

The river near the camp

I feel like I am the least talented of the group, but they push me to be better and that is what I need. I'm also part of a small group called the Tuesday Poets because we meet once or twice a month, on Tuesdays of course. I've only made it to a few meetings as other things always seem to intervene but every time I go I come away with good, solid suggestions for my poems. I feel so fortunate to have such talented friends.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...