Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Covid Journal, Day 32: Taxes and Apricots

36 this morning, but ice on the water buckets on the deck, so it must have gotten colder than that. The day started out foggy, a good thing because it kept the frost off tender plants. Tonight looks like we may get a real freeze though. How sad it will be outside if that happens. I had so hoped for a good fruit year.

Today I sat down to get my taxes done. Seven hours at the computer, and finally I could click on the "Submit" button. Which is both a relief and stressful. But there's not calling them back now. Usually today is the due date, but because of the virus it's been extended to July. I decided to just bite the bullet and get them finished rather than have them looming over me for the next few months. I deserve wine.



A bright spot for today: five pounds of dried apricots! I found them on ebay, for about $5 a pound, shipped. I love dried apricots, and decided it was worth the splurge to buy them. Now, I wonder if I can use some of them to make jam? They are absolutely delicious, much better than the little things sold in boxes at the grocery store.

Larry worked on the bathroom floor some more. He's re-grouting the tile, and found some today that are badly cracked. We have extras to replace them with, but no glue. So I ordered some online, and he happily left the grouting for a later date. It's no fun job. He also went looking for sassafras and we'll make some tea if he finds any. We both really like sassafras tea, icy cold and lightly sweetened. I hope he will dig enough roots to save some for use later in the year.

And that is all the news from here for today. I am stiff from so much time at the computer. I think I'll grab a jacket and take a little walk in the very windy brisk cold.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that we have a different tax system to you; it's bad enough having to pay them without having endless form-filling too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, mine would be a piece of cake if I didn't have these two little businesses. That's where all the paperwork comes in. Actually, we probably wouldn't have to file at all if not for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Income Taxes usually go in early. But not this year. We usually go over and sit down with accountant, and check questions. Not so this year!!!!!!! But they are in now.

    Those dried apricots look delicious.

    I too splurged on a new-to-me Peanut Butter, which I found, when getting prepared, for this coming can't-go-out-easily time. It is delicious!!!! So I ordered 2 new jars, and they are coming. A bit of splurge, is a good thing!!!!!! -smile-

    And now... To a pertinent question.... Link in my Sig. line, to my latest post.

    So.... What happens AFTER??????


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...