Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

Covid Journal, Day 83: Booth Work

70 and humid this morning, with light showers, a leftover from the storms the night before. It was good to get a soaking rain, and I am in hopes the garden will show appreciation to. Everyone I talk to says their gardens are a month behind, so it's not just us. Still puzzling.

The past two days we worked in the gardens and then went to our booth at the Riverbend Antique Mall in Ravenswood (WV) to add new things and generally tidy up. We've had surprisingly good sales in the last month, and the trend seems to be continuing so far this month as we made more than our semi-monthly rent in the first four days.

So here's some of the changes we made:

This is one of the desks from the estate I wrote about the other day. The front folds out to make a small writing surface. It's quite old, I believe, judging by the wood on the back and its general construction.

I really like this drop leaf endtable. It would fit nicely into most decor schemes.




That's an upended porch swing in the back, complete with a set of brand new chains for hanging. This one was Larry's project.


The old rocker is priced to sell for $49 but no takers. Do I need to paint it? I would hate to, but it's been for sale for almost a year now.


Yet another small table. Generally these sell quickly but lately it's the bigger pieces that are selling.

The haunted secretary still hasn't found a new home. Maybe soon!


And ditto for the gray corner shelf. Guess I should have painted it white, but I thought the gray had a nice rustic look to it.



Lots of primitive items on the old kitchen table.


We sold a big primitive cabinet this week that was in this corner so I had to do a quick re-do.

Shelves of variety!


This photo shows the poultry crate with a cute olf wood child's swing on top. I've had the swing on my porch until recently.










That's about it! We need to get to our Marietta booth soon, so I'll have more photos, although I don't plan a lot of changes there.It will be nice to be caught up again--until something sells, that is!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...