Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Covid Journal, Day 296: Booth Update

30 yesterday morning and this morning, gray, cloud-covered. It is supposed to get nice today; we'll see.

Today is hog-butchering day. My part, thankfully, is to just package it all up, season the sausage, and get it in the freezer. So while the guys are hard at work this morning, I have some quiet time.

Yesterday was booth day. We went to our Marietta booth, where we have only been re-stocking once a month during the pandemic. It's 70 miles away and in another state so seems better to limit the trips. We did take a good bit of new things, and pulled out the retro dinette we had there. It will go into our Ravenswood location, where furniture sells better.

Here's a few photos of the changes we made.

This space in front was where the dinette set was. A lot of small items can fit into the space that a table and chairs takes up.


I am not sure why my photo came out blurry. Same camera, same settings as I always use.

I had this little record cabinet in my living room but replaced it with a stack of suitcases. So out it goes.


Lots of smalls. That is all we sold at this location last month. I am thinking to go to all smalls here, and take out all the larger furniture pieces which often sit for a year or more. I am not sure why furniture doesn't sell well here, but it's a slow mover.


Ceramic kitties and a wicker frog. 


More smalls--a wood child's swing, galvanized tray to add to the items already in the booth.





These are HUGE ginger jars, and a big ol' red bull too. 



Vintage kitchen utensils are a steady seller.









That's the tour. A lot of changes--now I just hope sales will get a boost. They've been extremely slow for the start of the year. Fingers crossed.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking through those photos. I'm always attracted to certain things - crocks, green glass, even the rolling pins. I hope you do well! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same things attract me, Jenn. Any antique glass, really. But homey things like mixing bowls, crocks, etc too.

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing all round your booth Sue - always inspiring.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing when I look at your photos, Joy. Such good ideas.

      Delete
  3. I love looking through these items, some of them remind me of the things my grandmother used to have. Good luck with reducing your stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill. I didn't really have grandma's houses to remember, but I did have elderly neighbors, and coveted their kitchens.

      Delete
  4. In the next to the last and the last photo, is that one piece of furniture or is there a table in front of a dresser?
    And I, too, always enjoy your booth tours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one piece, Nance--I guess it's a dressing table? Quite old, and although it would sell faster I don't want to paint it. So hoping someone else will love it too.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...