Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Covid Journal, Day 328: Waiting for the Storm

28 this morning with light snow. It has warmed a little, up to 34, and the air is very odd--foggy and damp, with occasional flurries.

Light snow covered the ground this morning, but has mostly melted, leaving us with a cold, gray, wet, and cloudy day. We've certainly had our share of cloudy days this winter. I think there might have been only 5 or so days of sun the whole month of January. 

We're waiting for a storm, but what it will be is difficult to say. It might be ice--oh dread--or it might be snow. Then again, it might be sleet or rain. No one seems to be able to predict. I am hoping for anything but ice, which can be so destructive, as the terrible ice storm of 2003 taught us.

Yesterday we made quick visits to each of our booths. We took the English piece in to our Ravenswood booth. The little buffet we'd taken in last Friday had already sold so we had a perfect place to put it.


Isn't it a pretty thing? I decided to set it up as a baking center, which is how it was sold to me.


We also sold two tall shelves at Ravenswood over the weekend, and now I am scurrying to get some other pieces ready to take in. We are pleased with how well things are selling, but it is sure keeping me hopping. We didn't do anything special at Marietta, so I didn't take photos there. Just changed out some smalls and brought in the Cosco stool, and a chair and a couple other small pieces.

But while there, I did buy something I've been looking at for over a year.


This teapot is really big, probably holds about 40 ounces, and will be perfect when family come to visit. Almost everyone in my family drinks tea with cream and sugar--my English mom raised me on it, and I have passed it on to the next three generations. So when they come visiting, we go through a lot of tea. This is just the pot we need at those times--and it was 20% off, so I finally caved and bought it.

Back to work I go now to do the first coat of paint on a dresser.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...