Pages

Friday, June 11, 2021

Booth Update

69 and humid this morning. Light showers off and on all day. Flooding last night in some areas of the county including downtown Ripley, our county seat. They had 3.5 inches of rain in an hour, a storm that incredibly passed us by here on our ridge.

So the past three days have been booth, booth, and booth. Wednesday we brought in new pieces of furniture, and I trained again on closing procedures. Thursday we brought in more stuff and after my doctor's appointment I worked in the afternoon. We sold some of the things we brought in the day before, and the mall was pretty busy all afternoon with lots of sales. Today, we went in to finish up some things I could not get to in my booths yesterday since I was so busy behind the counter. It's been an amazing 2 weeks of sales, and the backlog of furniture we thought we had has pretty much vanished. I need to get back to painting!

One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is to line the backs of these dark gray shelves with something a little more colorful. I got most of them done today. And now I'm wondering if I should have also lined the sides and bottom of each one. What do you think? It certainly brightened them up, and have me a chance to do some re-arranging of the merchandise too.


As you can see, I didn't do the bottom shelf. That would require being on my knees, something I will not do because it hurts too much. So they may have to stay as they are unless I come up with a way to do them.


Sorry for this blurry photo. As you can sort of see, I used different papers on each shelf, just to give some variety.

I tried to color-coordinate the items on each shelf. Probably not necessary but it was fun to do anyway.


We added this nice dinette set which we bought at the auction last week. It's in such good condition.


We also added the table in the center here. We sold the table and chairs that were here, as well as the table we brought in the other day, so we had lots of re-arranging to do.


For our younger visitors, I picked up some dinosaurs at a yard sale and priced them very cheaply. This gives the little ones something they can buy when they come in.


The Ford tractor, however, will most likely be bought by a much bigger kid, i.e. grown man.


We moved this table into the space where the other table we brought in was--and that table replaced a Hoosier-style cabinet that had sold earlier. 


A yard sale find just this morning. Kid-sized Adirondack chair.


Found this metal ice cream maker on eBay for a good price. There isn't another in the mall, so I thought it would be a good addition.


The white mantle replaces the oak mantle that sold last Sunday. Sometimes this week it felt like we kept going through a revolving door with stuff, LOL. But that's a good thing, right?


I seem to have this thing for lamps. Getting lamp-poor these days but I keep running across nice ones.


There is much more that I missed with my camera, so I'll have to take more when we go in next week.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. Love to see what was and what just came in to your booths Sue (peeking back for the 'was' sales). Adding pretty paper backing for each shelf looks great.
    Hugs
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a child I seem to remember that everyone used to cover their kitchen shelves with "shelf-paper" which they fixed with drawing pins and cut the front edge with pinking shears as decoration. I doubt that many people bother with such things since the advent of plastic-coated shelving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a smart choice to just cover the back of the shelves - doing the sides and bottoms as well might have made it just a little bit harder for the items to stand out and catch the eye, I think. And I love the different patterns and colors on different shelves :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...