Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Hot

73f this morning, 93f as I write this at 5:00pm.

This weather. It's just too hot. And not even July. It seems like the older I get the less I can endure the heat. A friend in Canada posted this morning that it was 97f at her house. In Canada, and on a lake! I should not complain, right? My visiting friends from Arizona think this weather is just fine, and wear long sleeves and long pants. Which makes me even more sure that I would not like the Southwest at all. Joking of course--but if I ever go there, it will be in winter for sure.

I have garden work crying out to be done and flower plants to be planted but all will have to wait for a cooler day. This mama is a wimp, pure and simple.

How is it where you are? Cooler than we are here? Right now I am envying my friends in England and Ireland. Oh, to be out in cool misty weather, wearing a jacket. Or is it hot over there too?


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. It was cool here today around 58F. My daughter lives in Portland, OR and it was 114 degrees. I've never experienced that much heat ever. Sounds hellish to me. Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's below normal for us here in nw Arkansas...mid80s with high humidity. I hate the humidity. We're picking blackberries right now & we make sure we get out early to pick.

    Did you hear about Oregon? 115'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...