Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Morning Thoughts

It's a beautiful drippy, rainy morning here. 68 degrees and just perfect.



We needed the rain; I have one plant that always let's me know when its getting dry. So this gentle rain has saved me from dragging the hose around. 

I have booth work  and a few other errands so no canning today. I put up split pea soup yesterday because I was given a big bag of split 
peas and had a big piece of ham already thawed out.  I hope to put up a few more kinds of soup as we use up some stuff so I get some empty jars.

A friend stopped by and told us a friend of his had died of Covid and that the man's brother is also sick from it and not expected to live. These men are in their early 50's. Another friend said on Facebook that 3 musician friends died over the weekend of Covid, two of them in their 50s. The paper has so many obituaries of people in their 30s-60s these days, and it makes me wonder how many are Covid-related? And today I learned that a man I worked with at the library also died of Covid. He was a fantastic bluegrass musician. None of these people were vaccinated, sadly. Their choice cost them their lives.

I hope all of you and those you love are well, and vaccinated if possible. 


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. So sad. There's so much conflicting information about the vaccine, but it seems that over and over, it has been proven to save lives. Why not do everything possible to get rid of this virus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've lost 5 friends to covid since the first of August plus a cousin. The cousin was very sick with cancer though & was not expected to survive either way...but to catch covid on top of it was horrific. I would like to know if my friends were vaccinated but it's such a taboo subject in my area...you just do not ask people. And of course it's rude & heartless once someone has died from the disease.

    I'm sorry for all the loss you've experienced. I'm sorry we're all losing so many dear people to this disease & hope we're able to someday put it behind us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...