Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Lazy Sunday

40 this morning, mostly clear. We had several days of very cold weather, with a low of 13 on yesterday morning, today it reached 59. Craziness.


Fresh flowers from the store. Just because.

Today has been a "feet up" day for me, after a very full week. I think I drained all my taps! 
So I have done very little beyond the basics of laundry, dishes, and baking a loaf of banana blueberry bread to use up one over-ripe banana. 


We spent Thursday restocking our booths, getting to both places in one day. Friday I worked on my ebay room again and did some cooking in advance of our oldest son's weekend visit. Saturday we enjoyed having him home with us, and we all went to see granddaughter Hannah's new house. Today we had breakfast with our son before he left to play golf with another son. He left for home after their game.

What pleasure, though, to have him home for a short while. The older we get, the more we appreciate time with our boys. It is limited, of course by distance and their jobs and their own family responsibilities. Just as my time with my own parents was limited. But ah the luxury of hours to just talk, cook, and share time together.

Tomorrow I will no doubt be back at it, but for today I am allowing myself to just rest. It feels pretty good.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. That bread reminds me of the 3 overripe bananas I have, and blueberries too...into the kitchen I'm going after this. Glad you got a good visit with your son. I know how precious each of those visit are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even have some bananas frozen, all sliced up and dome mashed. So I could make banana bread whe ever I want, but I keep forgetting the frozen ones. I will have to make tbe bread and freezer, as I am sure we would remember that!
      Yes, so good to have time with my son. He lives on the other side of the state so visits aren't easy, especially as we have had to curtail traveling due to the cost.

      Delete
  2. “Drained all my taps.” Never heard that before, but I will try to add it to my mental file. I 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Canadians have a lot of sayings unfamiliar to us in Applalchia!

      Delete
  3. Oh that baking sounds and looks so GOOD! We were at -14F just a few days ago, and now heading for 40. Up and down. The warm days have me thinking about starting seeds, but I just have to wait.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...