Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Not Much

75 at 7 :15 am, so we knew it was going to be a hot day. And it lived up to that expectation, reaching 90. It is county fair week here, and I had wanted to go for at least one afternoon,  but it  will just be getting hotter each day, so I guess we will give the fair a pass.

Not much to say today. We were out in the garden early today to get our work done before it got too hot. So the old bean plants are now pulled and fed to chickens and rabbits, the ground tilled and the new arch is set up. This evening when it cools down a bit I will plant the cucumber plants I started a few weeks ago. 

We also cut the celery at last. We should have done that last week but too many other things had to take priority. I learned that slugs will eat celery! Fortunately they hadn't done much damage. We laid the paper we used to blanch the celery on the ground as mulch for the new bean plants. 




So I spent the afternoon cleaning and cutting up the celery for the freezer, ending with 8 very full quart bags, which I vacuum sealed with the new sealer I bought yesterday. I have to say, I do not like it as much as my older one but it got the job done. Larry worked on cleaning up the onions we had laid out to dry in the woodshed, tying them in bunches and hanging them up in the workroom to store.

Oh, and I meant to report back on the faux pineapple made with zucchini. It is delicious! We added it to fruit salad and our granddaughter and visiting friends all thought it was absolutely delicious. So I will definitely be making more.  It is so simple. You can find the recipe here.

Off I go to do some laundry, then its back outside. Its about 85 now so not too bad, and I won't be out there long. Before I go though, please, if you can, send some good vibes, prayers, juju, or energy to my husband's brother-in-law Arlie,  who is undergoing his 5th round of chemo for pancreatic cancer.  He's rough but as you probably know, this type of cancer is a hard road. Thanks.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

7 comments:

  1. Nancy HofmeisterWed Jul 26, 08:37:00 PM

    Prayers for Larry's brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy HofmeisterWed Jul 26, 08:37:00 PM

    Prayers for Larry's brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I just posted or not. Something was off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for Larry's brother-in-law! I hope the chemo does its job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...