Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Christmas All Over

47 this morning, mostly clear. High in the 70s today.

Man, what a mess. 




We have dragged out all the Christmas stuff and it is all over the house. You can only see part of it in the above photos. Believe me, there's more. A lot more. 

Normally I wait until after Thanksgiving to do this, but one mall is having Christmas open house this weekend and vendors are expected to get their booths ready.

So. 

Sorting, pricing, fixing, making, wrapping...all day today.

This is the cookie cutter tree. I have some of the cookie cutters hung, more to do.

The piece below was for large candles. I cleaned out the melted wax and re- did it with a forest scene.

Poor old chair got a coat of paint and a little decor.

Tiny tree outfitted with tiny white, gray and silver glass ornaments. It looks so pretty when lit up. Larry had to make a base for this one, as it didn't come with one. A block of wood works great.

We found this little electric fireplace in the trash a couple weeks ago. We removed the guts, gave it a coat of paint, and added little lights. 


I am almost done. We will load up tomorrow-- that is, after we unload the auction stuff. Mercy me, the messes I get into. But this too shall pass, right? 


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Much better now. Most has been moved to the booths.

      Delete
  2. We have just begun with the Christmas stuff -- just for home though,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels early but then Christmas is only 6 weeks away.

      Delete
  3. I am not ready for X'mas yet...you have some beautiful X'mas stuff. That electric fireplace looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I am not ready either but doing my best to get it going.

      Delete
  4. Christmas in November?!?!? Works for me, great job on that fireplace. Cannot wait to read how the event went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized you had a blog. I've been so preoccupied here! I love what you did with that little firebox. We also have a decorative cast iron fireplace, picked up from the curb for free, never even used. Hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby! Nice to see you here. No wonder you have been preoccupied. A lot on your plate!

      Delete
  6. We have only few Christmas-deco and it sits around all year long, hence, no hussle.
    Love the fireplace have such one right here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who just covers her tree with a sheet and pulls the sheet off at Christmas. Works for her!

      Delete
  7. Boy that's a lot of work! I hope it pays off for you. The cookie cutter tree is very appealing and great idea with that little electric stove. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! Yes, I hope itvwill be worth the work. Never know! It depends so much on the economy and how people feel about their finances.

      Delete
  8. We cut back on our Christmas decorations years ago after our daughter moved. So our season is nice and simple just how we like it. Looks like you'll have a grand decorated booth which is always nice to see and admire. What a nice find with the electric fireplace, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I have not cut back at all at home. If anything I do more! But I do love it, and don't mind. The booths, though...a lot of work to get all of them ready. Most people want to " feel" Christmas-y when shopping at this time of year, so I try to fill that need.

      Delete
  9. I like the lantern idea and how you fixed that fireplace/stove with the paint and lights. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little stove looks perfect and I am happy to see it have a new life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...