Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2023

I Wasn't Expecting to be Doing This in December

28f this morning,  warmed up quickly. I have the door open, letting in that sweet fresh air. Moved my plants out to the porch too. They look happy.

Who expects to be canning corn in December? And yet, here I am.


A friend came by with a big box of frozen corn, along with a couple gallons of frozen blueberries, and a few other things from a big food giveaway. Our freezers are now completely full. There sure wasn't any room for corn, so canning was the best alternative.  I will end up with 25 quarts.

I really didn't need any corn; we froze about 20 quarts of the dirt we grew in the summer. But this would have gone to waste. So next year, looks like we won't be planting much corn at all. Which is fine with me, as corn takes up a lot of space and is a heavy feeder.

Before this madness began, I enjoyed a moment on the porch for coffee. This crazy weather!




I was out there in short sleeves, and yesterday I would have had to bundle in multiple layers. No complaints from me, though.  

Back to the corn for me! 


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it too, Debby! I don't think I could function with the stoves of today. This one is a real workhorse.

      Delete
  2. You have a well-stocked kitchen, and I think that I would love coffee on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even begin to imagine how many canning jars at your house. Hundreds, I am guessing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have loads of place (and talent, too).
    Weather is weird here, too. They predicted a very warm winter and we have icy temps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, that corn looks good, no matter how much you've already put up! Yes, the weather. I seriously - and briefly - considered washing windows today, it was so warm. But then it started raining ever-so-lightly, and I took the hint. And as warm as it gets, the days are short and the house feels damp and cold if I don't keep the fire going, so I have been.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...