That line about hot breath steaming up Spring's clear windows is such a striking way to describe the sudden shift in atmosphere. It makes the changing of the seasons feel less like a date on a calendar and more like a theatrical, living confrontation right outside your front door.
We have seen the most amazing lightning here. The lightning flashes and lights the sky like fireworks, but the storm is so far away that you never saw a lightning bolt. You never heard the thunder. Just this nonstop flashing of the sky. The poem suits.
Great poem. We had Summer's hot breath blowing on us today and tomorrow will be the same. All the fans are in use. I'm surprised we haven't blown a breaker yet.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.
I never think of summer being insistent and powerful, but I guess she can be, when temperatures rise and the trees and flowers burgeon so rapidly.
ReplyDelete...I love summer, but I hate to see spring pass.
ReplyDeleteSpring is right, summer will wait a little longer.
ReplyDeleteFriday hug, Andreja!
You captured it! Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteOh my! You nailed it!
ReplyDeleteThat line about hot breath steaming up Spring's clear windows is such a striking way to describe the sudden shift in atmosphere. It makes the changing of the seasons feel less like a date on a calendar and more like a theatrical, living confrontation right outside your front door.
ReplyDeleteNice personification, but I can tell you that summer has certainly blown down the door here.
ReplyDeleteSuch an appropriate poem this year!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love your imagery and the whole poem. Batsy in Idaho
ReplyDeleteYou invoke such good images. I wish spring were actually saying, "Not yet" with the heat we're having.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful, descriptive poem of summer coming in with force.
ReplyDeleteWe have seen the most amazing lightning here. The lightning flashes and lights the sky like fireworks, but the storm is so far away that you never saw a lightning bolt. You never heard the thunder. Just this nonstop flashing of the sky. The poem suits.
ReplyDeleteSummer was always my favorite but the older I've gotten I think I appreciate spring and fall more.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great poem! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Happy weekend :)
ReplyDeleteNice poem. We are not quite into summer yet here in the mountains of northern California. But soon. It's getting warmer with each day. ; )
ReplyDeleteGreat poem. We had Summer's hot breath blowing on us today and tomorrow will be the same. All the fans are in use. I'm surprised we haven't blown a breaker yet.
ReplyDelete