51°f/10.5°C, clear and cool.
On my porch:
Near Evans, Jackson county, WV.
Mr. Blowy on duty in my garden
A few more from the folk festival.
Playing the jug
Larry's coffee cup at the Glenville restaurant.
And mine, both circa 1950s.
Steep, steep streets in Glenville reminded me of Port Isaac in Cornwall.
Old bridge, no longer in use, in Glenville
The very fancy satin dress of one of the Belles.
Bloom where you find yourself? In Ravenswood.
Jason and Grace, our open mic artists last week. What a voice she had.
And our next presenter, storyteller, musician, folklorist and retired preacher and my good friend, Bill Hairston of Charleston, who grew up in the little community of Lickskillet. Bill was featured on The Moth series on NPR a few years ago.
What a series of pleasant ics.
ReplyDeleteInteresting, a little bit of everything but the garden is the nicest!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Andreja!
I really enjoyed this lovely walk through your beautiful photos, Sue! Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love it. And what a sweet pink flowers
ReplyDelete...the value of the scrap steel is no doubt less than what it would cost to dismantle the bridge,
ReplyDeleteI like your randomness!
ReplyDeleteYou sure get around! :)
ReplyDeleteA nice selection of random photos. Love that blue dress.
ReplyDeleteGreat fun. I smiled!
ReplyDeleteNice to see your house and your clothes line!
ReplyDeleteWhoops! Not my house, just a place we saw near Evans, WV. It's rare to seea clothesline around here. I have one, but sadly the steps to get to it are too steep and the handrail is rickety so I can't carry baskets of laundry up and down them.
DeleteLovely cool morning. What a nice mixed selection of photographs. The folk festival sounded good. I'm always impressed by the musicality of people who are not professional performers,.
ReplyDeleteGreat randoms! Mr. Blowy and the blue dress are my favs.
ReplyDeleteLots of wonderful random images. I like the thing on your porch with the glow!
ReplyDeleteYour random photos are more interesting than my random life!
ReplyDeleteMy fav is the name - Lickskillet - love it. Your Wednesday post is always fun.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this collection of snapshots.
ReplyDeleteThe blue dress is lovely, and the festival looks like it was full of life.
I have to smile at “Lickskillet”--such a great name.
Thanks for sharing these little slices of joy.