68°f/20°C. Still dark so no idea what today will be like, except hot.
Yesterday was a good day. I got my vegetable soup made after we returned from town, 7 quarts plus enough for dinner.
And we had our first Monarch butterfly!
My favorite lily has such delicate colors. No idea of its name.
Inside, I found my little glass birds and put some of them out. At one time I think I had 20 or 30, but gave the blue ones to my sisters, and I took others to the booth yesterday. I kept my favorites, though.
We got this big boy moved into our booth yesterday. Heavy!
Little glass birds and a few other things, in the booth.
We had lunch with friends while we were out, and picked up a can of mustard seeds for the cucumber relush I plan to make today. So it was a nice day, even if very hot (90°).
Now, what will today bring?
Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.
...if you are ever in this area, I have a boat load of canning jars the you can have.
ReplyDeleteFor today has brought smokey skies and air. Your display in the booth looks really nice. I know I'd stop for a good long look and be tempted.
ReplyDeleteIn answer to your AC question there are two tubes out the window. No water input needed though may act like a dehumidifier and have to empty it at some point I think. It's working fine.
DeleteI'm not a collector, but if I were, those little birds would be very tempting. :)
ReplyDeleteI have my mother-in-law's little birds. Hers are ceramic and I love them because she cherished them.
ReplyDeleteI would have never thought of preserving soup...
ReplyDeleteThe Glass birds would be my choice, very delicate and pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day you had and I enjoyed reading and looking at your photos. Those little birds would be tempting to me too. I have a small collection on Gregg's mother's old secretary. I'll have to take another photo of them soon so that you can see. Not a big collection but one that makes me smile every time I go by it. Thanks for another interesting post. I enlarged them all for more detail. Love those details and love antiques :)
ReplyDeleteCucumber relish sounds good.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very productive day.The soup sounds good
ReplyDeleteThat was another productive day. Those quarts of veg. soup look good.
ReplyDeleteI do like those glass birds.
ReplyDeleteWe can soup, too, but tend to make it in the fall. We did make chicken broth the other day, ready for chicken soup in its various guises later in the year.
ReplyDeleteBusy! I stopped canning years ago. Now I just freeze. Not myself, the food. I do enjoy perusing your items in the shop. Pretty.
ReplyDelete