65°f/18.3°C, clear until mid-day when the smoky haze returned.
This happened in Southern West Virginia, and was posted on Facebook. I can only imagine how the driver felt! No one was hurt, but they did not have the owner's permission to drive the truck, so I expect their wallet is going to hurt pretty badly.
As you can imagine, the comments on this were hilarious.
That tree saved their lives.
Up in Parkersburg, this portly porker has been roaming freely for a couple days, and apparently no one knows where he belongs.
Perhaps it escaped from the same place as this goat? Although probably about 20 miles apart, so not likely.
And on the eastern side of the state, this happened today.
Is it the weather making people and animals get a little strange? I don't know. But at least in my family, everyone is still safe and relatively sane. Here's news from my oldest son:
Of course our #3 son Derek beat him to it by 10 years, retiring at 47 for the second time! He is 3rd from the left (and the handsomest in my prejudiced opinion), very busy doing what he loves best--golfing, and being a grandpa. He's 54 now.
As for me, I had a wee scare last week with dizzy spells, shortness of breath and a tight feeling in my chest, all potential signs of heart trouble. So I went to Urgent Care (after getting the laundry started, bed made, breakfast cleaned up, etc, because that's how women are). They sent me to the emergency room, and after some tests and stuff, they determined that I had a UTI! I would never in a million years have associated those symptoms with that! Came home with meds; went back to my doctor today for my routine semi-annual checkup, and retested for the infection. It's still lingering, so more meds and that should fix it. (AC, see what I did there in the beginning of this paragraph?)
That explains why I have been feeling so tired lately. I thought it was just summer-weariness!
A couple good things coming up this week: the next open mic, featuring a guy from the next county over,
.
and then Thursday, our oldest son gave us the nicest birthdays/anniversary gift: tickets to see Vince Gill in concert, a room reservation at the Marriott, and dinner! This will be a wonderful break, and we are so looking forward to it.
Ending with this, from Facebook. Canadian friends, rest assured that most of us in the US understand how nature works. Lord knows you endure enough aggravation from us! Just a few idiots spouting stupidity, as usual.








I'm amazed that the driver of that car just hanging there was not injured.
ReplyDeleteThere's a story behind that whole scene.
Sorry about the UTI. I have never heard that those symptoms could signal an infection. I would have thought heart, for sure. Glad it wasn;t.
Lucky you going to see Vince Gill in concert. We're big Country fans here.
In my opinion I don’t think this person was being a jerk…plenty have been but I think she was just being funny! Just my opinion. Kathy
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't mean the author of that! I thought it was hilarious too. But on point, for sure. The US could use a good saging!
DeleteI also have Facebook and sometimes I wonder if everything they show me is really true? Wishing you a nice day!
ReplyDeleteI hear you. I verify before posting because there is so much AI out there. But the truck for sure happened, as did the plane and the loose animals.
DeleteThat's what I called LUCK! Well, better to pay dearly than being dead.
ReplyDeleteAgreed! Can you imagine climbing out of that though?
DeleteWOW, that driver got lucky. That could have turned out much worse.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the plane from Elkins made me think of my dad. Not only did he love to fly and had a pilots liscense but he used to speak of Elkins college where he went so very long ago.
Congratulations to your son on his retirement.
I am not sure what I was supposed to see. Help me?
ReplyDeleteThe "wee" scare that turned out to be a UTI 😀 But maybe in Canada urine isn't referred to as wee?
DeleteFrom one who suffers from UTIs, I'm surprised that you didn't have other symptoms to clue you in that that might be the trouble. Good luck with it all. Sometimes, it does take a couple of rounds of antibiotics to clear everything.
ReplyDeleteI know, that's what was so odd. Although I rather think I have had it a while, just gradually got worse so I didn't really notice. Just thought it was the iced tea and watermelon make for those frequent trips!
DeleteDefinitely lucky to be alive, stuck between a tree and a hard place!
ReplyDelete...wonderful things happen in West Virginia!
ReplyDeleteWhich is why some of us call it Weird and Wonderful, instead of the state slogan Wild and Wonderful!
DeleteWhat an incredible amount of news, but your UTI was a surprise. You are the energizer bunny in my thinking with all the cooking and canning and gardening you do. No evidence of a slow down has come through on your posts. Glad that your symptoms were diagnosed and you're on the meds to get you healthy.
ReplyDeleteI think this buttercup needs to suck it up! You did all of that before going to urgent care thinking it may be a heart problem. You are one strong minded woman! I second the opinion that your son is the best looking in the phot. Retired at 54, he did something right!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better so you can enjoy your concert gift!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your son for retiring!
I never would have associated those symptoms - and the absence of others - with a UTI! Glad it wasn't your heart!
ReplyDeleteAnd the sage? IF ONLY.