One thing I like about Facebook is the "memories" feature, which brings back daily posts from years ago. Many of these are things I have forgotten, little moments that are not particularly important, but still offer a look back at our lives. I though it might be fun to share the ones Facebook offered today.
So on this day in:
2024
I will get hot and sweaty soon, but right now I am enjoying this cool, pretty morning.
Edit to add, well maybe not so much. Apparently I am sick with a summer cold or who knows what. So on the couch with a fever and sore throat instead of in the garden. Fluids, rest, meds are what I will be doing today. Geesh.
2022
Water in a 150 year old or so goblet just tastes better.
2021
Sorted my husband's drawers this morning.😲😲😲 Whew. That wasn't on the list for today, but had to be done.
Not his underwear, y'all. His dresser drawers. And his "Chester Drawers".
2020
So thankful to have some rain at last. About an inch and a quarter after a night of thunder. No watering morning. Yes!
2020
Finished this little thing [table]. I know yellow is not the most popular color, but I do love it. So if this doesn't sell, I'll be finding a place for it here....somewhere... [it sold! Whew]
2018
Took a break from painting this morning to make some noodles :) Spaghetti for today's dinner, the rest to dry for later.
2017
Done for today. Pasta sauce and peach preserves for the cellar, corn and carrots in the freezer, onions pulled and drying in the woodshed. Tomorrow, more corn and last of the green beans. Tuesday, I plan to do nothing but write my article for Two Lane Livin' and study for the upcoming storytelling at the Inland Waterways Festival. Time for a change of pace!
2015
So Larry's pinky finger is broken ...an open break as the doc calls it, clean in two. Almost cut off. And I had to durn near drag him to the hospital last night. He did it at 3, I got home at 6, andhe was still mowing! He's gonna be the death of one of us for sure. Three fingers stitched up. Maybe he's learned something but I'm not too hopeful that that is the case. Meanwhile, I'm on the way to today's performances while son Derek takes him in for followup. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts!
2014
This morning Larry stopped at the Sheriff's office in town to get my license plate sticker. A man was there with his grandson, and there was also a young lady in line in a, shall we say, well-fitting, short dress. After a few minutes in line, the grandson said to his grandfather, "Grandpa, why do you keep looking at that lady?"
Grandpa: "Be quiet, boy."
Larry said nothing at all. He was too busy choking back laughter.
2014
Conversation excerpt from the lady behind us in line at the store: "I went to Sissonville High School. When I was 15 I had a boy friend. I wanted to get him a gift but didn't have any money. School lunch was 25 cents back then, but if I cleared tables after lunch I ate for free. I saved my quarters until I had enough money to buy him a $25.00 sweater at the Diamond Department store. It was my only experience with the Diamond, but I married my boyfriend that year. That was 56 years ago and we're still married."
2014
Conversation excerpt from the lady behind us in line at the store: "I went to Sissonville High School. When I was 15 I had a boy friend. I wanted to get him a gift but didn't have any money. School lunch was 25 cents back then, but if I cleared tables after lunch I ate for free. I saved my quarters until I had enough money to buy him a $25.00 sweater at the Diamond Department store. It was my only experience with the Diamond, but I married my boyfriend that year. That was 56 years ago and we're still married."
2013
On my way to tell stories! A good night's sleep works wonders. Rainbow over the park when I woke up. Gorgeous.
2012
Homeward bound after two great programs at small, actiive libraries. Heard a new ghost story too, and got to see so Aaron and his family. New story, rough draft of a new poem, great audiences, interesting towns, the Farmington #9 mine disaster memorial...richness, all of it.
2012
Detour sign at Mineral Wells: Turkeyfoot Rd closed. Take Society Hill. Sounds lie a step up the social ladder.
On the road, following the Ohio to points north today. Sky Tales and Campfire tales as I head into my last Summer Reading programs this week.
2011
Home again after a good day of storytelling, traveling with awesome grandkids and meeting friends. Emily and Jessica, how nice to hear your voices for real and not just online. And meeting your children too. Even if Elliott did think the sand dollar was a communion host and took a scrumptious bite! Memorable. Hope to see you both again.
2010
Getting 4 teenagers up at 7 AM again to get on the road to Moundsville. Maybe Blennerhassett Island too, if the rain holds off. The island with its rich early American history of dreams of empire, duels, death, rebellion, illicit love, rich living in the wilderness, river life, soldiers--why hasn't this story been made into a movie?
2009
Home again from an awesome day of storytelling. Stories and puppetmaking at two libraries in rural West Virginia. The kids who helped with stories and improv puppet shows? They rock--especially the two boys at Center Point library.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.