Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Open Mic Night

68°f/20°C, muggy, some sun but mostly clouds, with afternoon rain and thunderstorms.  High was about 85°, but has cooled off with the rain.

I am not much good today, after a busy day yesterday and then the open mic last evening. A friend did MC duties, but it seems like I was still hopping all evening, greeting people, answering questions, helping set up the sound, monitoring the sign-up board, etc, etc. I even told a couple stories! 



It was a great evening, and we once again had a full house, and 7 people signed up in addition to our feature artists, fiddler Jenny Allinder and singer/musician Jenna Stoltzfus.  And what a mix! Some classic rock, some country, some gospel, poetry, and even a girl who sang opera. I swear, these evenings just seem to keep getting better. Here are a few videos. Apologies for my booboo!

Steven Crooks sang a couple gospel songs.


Jenna and Jenny:


Trisha, our opera singer: 


And for the finale, everyone singing Irene, Goodnight.  You will have to click the link for this one, as Shari did it as a livestream.

And with that, good night, friends!











Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...