66°f/19°C, overcast and storming.
This is craziness. It stormed badly yesterday, then again all night. After a brief break, it started again around 11am and hasn't stopped.
Poor Pip is terrified. He won't even take a treat. He seems to feel better with this heavy rug over him. At least he laid down, where before he just sat in that corner and trembled.
This happened yesterday at a friend's house.
It destroyed her deck and her pool. There are many trees down all over our county, a lot of downed power lines and flooded roads. I am hoping no one's home has been flooded.
Currently it is still thundering and showering, but the sky is clearing. More rain and storms are expected tonight. Our power has flickered but except for a couple hours yesterday it has amazingly remained on. Counting our blessings!



Oh dear, that does sound like way too much all at once! I hope the damaging conditions end soon. Your friend's picture sure brought back memories. And poor Pip...I think your idea about trying a Thundershirt is a good one, and I hope it helps with future storms.
ReplyDeleteStay safe!
ReplyDeleteWe had a very intense storm yesterday, but it only lasted for about an hour. We faired okay, but east of here, people were not as lucky.
ReplyDeleteWV had been hit hard this summer. I hope there is a quieter time soon.
It goes on and one for you. Here too but to a much lesser degree. For once in August the grass is growing and needs another cut. It usually goes yellow in August.
ReplyDelete...I'd LOVE some rain, but I don't want the trees to fall over!
ReplyDeleteAw poor Pip. You feel so helpless when they’re so scared. Sorry to hear about your friends deck and pool.
ReplyDeletePoor Pip...at least the air is cooler now. Here we need some rain too, the water level of Rhine hits the historical low...
ReplyDeletePoor Pip, he really seems scared, my Ula isn't afraid of thunder, she isn't afraid of anything...not even firecracker bangs...rain...we had a bit here last night too...ahh it just brought humidity and no refreshment, which we've been waiting for for a long time
ReplyDeleteJust caught up reading all your recents posts. We could use some rain up here but thankful at least that the temps have moderated. We even got to eat lunch and dinner outside which has not happened most of this summer.
ReplyDeleteWeighted blankets are supposed to help nervous dogs. I looks like it's working for Pip. That is quite the storm. I want rain but not that.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a horrible situation!
ReplyDeleteLots of storms here, too. Glad you're safe! and hope you stay that way! :)
ReplyDeletePoor Pip, that is quite a storm, hope your trees stay upright, take care:)
ReplyDeleteI'll try again here! I feel for poor Pip. Lizzie has that thunderstorm fear too and it's so sad to see them so scared. (I can't say I'm a huge fan myself!). Glad you still have power. I hope things ease up. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteThat must have been quite a storm. I think I'd be like Pip....trembling and terrified. I hope your power stayed on.
ReplyDelete