53°f/11.7°C, mix of sun and clouds all day. High around 70.
The weather has stayed temperate enough, and with enough rain, to keep most flowers blooming, even this late in the season.
Here, you can barely see the bloom at the top of a very tall canna. That thing is well over 6 feet tall.
One snapdragon plant hangs on.
A lone pink rose blossom on a plant that is often eaten back by deer.
I have tried several times to over-winter geraniums. Have you done this with success? I really like the color of this one, and would love to keep it alive, if possible.
My miniature red rose, a hardy little thing. It has had at least one bloom on it all summer long.
This mum makes me smile. It was a tiny thing I stuck in this shallow planted 3 years ago. Somehow it survives winter and keeps getting bigger. I think I will move it to the garden soon though, as it is just too big for its current home.
The blue lace hydrangea has more blooms on it than it has had in its ten-year existence.
I will probably bring this begonia inside for the winter. They are really messy, but they bloom all winter. If I don't kill them. I am pretty good at that with house plants!
Might bring this one in too.
I cut this white phlox back a few weeks ago, and now it's back in bloom!
Some of the roses are blooming.
The next two are miniature roses I planted this year.
This is a new vintage color this year, and I like it very much. I hope I can find these again next year.
One of the mums i planted the other day, wearing its hair net. It's hardly visible, but it sure keeps the deer away. The white mum above also has a hair net on.
The lantana is really showing off now. I must remember to plant more of it!
I cut back the Shasta daisies too, and they have also started blooming again.
One libe coneflower bloom; the rest have given up for the year. The sedum is having its best year ever. Usually the deer eat it before it can bloom.
I like this color combination.
Can you see where I stopped weeding? Must get back to it tomorrow.
Mr. Scarecrow is giving due warning!
Our only pumpkins this year. Oh well.
Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.