Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On the Road Again

This is going to be a busy week of storytelling. I'm leaving today for beautiful Jackson's Mill, near Weston, WV, to be a teller for the West Virginia Storytelling Festival for the next two days. It's a beautiful setting and many school bus children to the event to listen to the tales. I can't wait to get started? What will I tell? Well, I have a lovely long list of ideas. We'll see which ones come to the front. Appalachian? World folktales? Family stories? No ghost stories, though--they're not allowed at this event. But songs? Definitely at least one!

Then Friday I will be telling stories at a school not far from home, and on Saturday night I'll be in beautiful Sistersville, WV to tell ghost stories with Jason Burns, the creator of the West Virginia Spectral Heritage website. The library is hosting us. Should be an outstanding evening, with creepy decorations provided by the library staff and refreshments too.

Looks like a fun week. I hope to see some of you along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! Sounds like you're busier now that you've retired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, mama-bug! But it's a good busy, doing the things I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Can't wait! I'm coming along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...