Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Little Look at Spring

Nature is trying, but the weather has not been cooperative. A little warmth comes our way and plants and trees rush to get their green on. And then the temperatures drop and it's freezing and even snowing again. I picked these little beauties on Sunday as snow began covering the ground. They were ready to burst into bloom so I brought them in to enjoy.

More snow is in the forecast this week, and the temperatures will never hit 50. It's okay in one way: the cold is keeping the fruit trees from blooming, and that is a good thing because it will reduce the possibility of the blossoms getting frosted and hurting the crop this year.

Maybe the weather is holding back for a grand show at Easter? Imagine if all the daffodils, forsythia and fruit trees bloom right at that time. What a beautiful day it would be.

Linking to the Rurality Blog Hop today. Hop on by and enjoy some good reading and photos of country life.

Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

8 comments:

  1. That would be quite a show for Easter, but I will be in Florida for the holiday spending it with family, so I will miss it! I hope to bring the warmth of Florida back with me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the 'spring look' ~ great photos ~ Enjoy ^_^

    ps. New England just got more snow and maybe more later next week ~ YUK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is in our forecast too! :( There are beautiful daffodils up every where. I was ready to be finished with winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had warm sunny 70+ days. The almonds are thru blooming and most of the lilacs. Rain last nite, which was soaked right up, not a puddle in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, G-Sue! The daffys made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I happened to see the comment you left under Madge's comments on the Rurality Blog Hop regarding your inability to leave a comment on my blog because of the word recognition.

    Thanks for bringing it to my attention that you had trouble, we have now removed it. We host my blog on our own domain and not a blogging site so we get a lot of awful spam. In fact, so much that my blog went private for a while. We are now trying different things to stem the flow of spam in a better way.

    Anyway, lovely flowers and even lovelier are all your vintage glassware pieces! We can only hope that Springs (when it finally arrives) will make a grand showing! I'm hopeful!

    ~Lynne, over @ a "new" Jersey Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love daffodils in the spring! Just wish they lasted longer inside...

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...