Pages

Monday, June 4, 2007

Garden Shots

The gardens are suffering. No real rain since mid-April has all the plants struggling. The corn never came up--but I think that can be laid to the fault of chipmunks who dug up the seed.


The first one is my favorite planter, made for me by granddaughters Katie, Cassie and Allison about 5 years ago. It's resting on a millstone that was the doorstep for the old log cabin we moved several years ago. Behind the flowers on the table is the wasp jar that my son Jon and his wife Jennifer gave me last year for my birthday. Folks, that thing works!



Derek bought four of these wood chairs at an auction for a dollar each. He gave me two of them, and we're both using them the same way-to hold flower posts.













Looking down the walk to the house.
Oh yeah, the deck rail is done! I don't know what that funky white spot is in the top of the picture...




Cozy corner in the garden.


1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks enchantingly whimsical and I'd love to see in person ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...