Pages

Friday, August 3, 2007

On the Road: Day 6


Cacapon Resort State Park, near Berkeley Springs, WV: my third performance there in as many years, and once again an excellent audience.



Cassie and Allison helped me set up, and took pictures for me.

On the left is part of the display I bring with me for this program: coal mining hard hat, carbide lamp, carbide, miner's lunchpail and scrip from the Black Band coal Company in Olcott, WV, where my father-in-law worked at one time. I use an old double wedding ring quilt as a table cover, and it provides a fitting backdrop to the mining memorabilia.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...