Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Probably the Funniest Thing Anyone Has Ever Said to Me

Michaela is known as Miss Shake 'n' Bake around here, for no reason I can think of. She's a funny little granddaughter, one of those kids who are usually quiet but then say the funniest things unexpectedly.


It's not unusual to find her walking around outside with the dogs, talking to them as if they can understand her. I think maybe they can, because they adore her and follow her everywhere.


Saturday at Tygart Lake Michaela turned to me with complete seriousness and said, "Granny, do you live in the middle of nowhere?"


I have no idea where the question came from, but I had to admit, that yes indeed, I did live in the middle of nowhere. Michaela nodded as if satisfied, and went back to eating her cake.







2 comments:

  1. lol. Yes, but you missed a golden opportunity to perplex that lil noggin'.

    "Why, yes, I suppose I do...but even nowhere is somewhere."

    That would have caused those eyes to move back and forth a bit and that forehead to draw up in contemplation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Mike it doesn't take much to perplex her and that definitely would have.

    I had such a good time with you and Larry on Saturday. I can't wait to do that again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...