Pages

Friday, August 3, 2007

What Makes a Storyteller Happy?

Grandchildren who want to hear stories over and over, and granddaughters who want to learn the old ballads. This week the three who are staying with me have been singing, asking me to sing and listening to or reading stories.

Katie has learned Lord Lovell and Railroad Boy, and it's pure pleasure to hear her singing them in her high sweet voice or picks them out on her little wooden flute. Cassidy sings and seems to have a knack with the dulcimer, and Allison sings too.

Almost all of my grandchildren can tell at least one of the stories I tell, and some of them know quite a few. Passing it on, passing it on, just as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...