Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Old Woman's Run Road




The sign caught my eye. Old Woman's Run? Now why is a road named that? A little further reasearch and I found it ran into Granny's Creek. Must have been a lot of old ladies living along that road out of Suttonin Braxton County, WV. at one time! Or, of course, there may have been a granny woman who delivered babies living there.




I googled the road name out of curiosity and found that Gerry Milnes has a good little bit about the road in his book, Play of a Fiddle .
More time and perhaps I can learn more about it. with a name like that, there has to be a story behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...