Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Coffee Break


Ellen's Ice Cream on Capitol Street not only has delicious homemade ice cream; they also have the best coffee in town, in my opinion.

Maybe it's because they always have Hazelnut coffee brewed! that's my favorite and I can't find it anywhere else. I'll even settle for Vanilla, but can't find that either.

So I walk down the street to Ellen's to get my coffee, and sometimes, if I'm lucky like yesterday, I can take a lunch break and drink my coffee and read poetry. Lovely!

(Yesterday's poetry, by the way was the WV Poetry Society's latest edition of Laurels, the quarterly publication of member's poems).

I can sit at my favorite table by the wondow, and look out two ways to see the busy life on Capitol Street and Brawley Walkway.

Ellen's also offers a good selection of vegetarian soups, homemade breads and muffins. Her African vegetable soup is awesome, as is the vegetarian chili and gourmet tomato.

It's the best place in town to chill--and drink good hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...