Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Snake in the Grass, Snake in the Road


Snake in the grass...


crosses the road, looking cross.


Sees me,


tastes the air,

...and leaves the area.


'Bye snake!

(I'm wondering if he was heading for the chicken house again. This morning we were missing a few eggs. Hmmm. Last time he showed up, Larry dowsed him with a bucket of cold water. Might be time for another bath.)
I just call these 6-footers black snakes. Do they have another, more specific name? I can't recall ever hearing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...