Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Glory of Spring

The flowers on Joe's Run are coming out in full beauty right now. These photos are from my morning drive out of the hollow to work.


 Creasy Greens gone to flower, mixed with phlox and vetch make a pretty palette:


I do not know what this shrub is, and have not noticed it before. Can anyone idenyify it?


Sun peeking through the trees and the lake barely visible in the morning light:


Wild geraniums crowd this hillside:


And phlox make a display of their own. These little flowers have such a sweet perfume:


Here the phlox mingle with henbit and wild purple larkspur:


And finally out to the highway and on the road to Charleston:


 Lots of traffic, isn't there?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait! We are headed up that way this Saturday! If soccer ever ends we will come for the weekend but 'til then, I have to count on you for all the cool pics of stuff we will miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely morning drive! I'm surprised your wild geraniums are out. Mine aren't yet. I keep checking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so peaceful. So much spring green.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warren, you won't believe the dogwoods on your place! Just beautiful. Go slow on the first part of Joe's Run and take the right fork if you want to see the trilliums. I hope they'll still be in bloom by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They al came out at once, Carolyn--trillium, phlox, geraniums, etc. The weather was so cool and then suddenly we got some very warm days and everything popped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These could have been shot anywhere around here but then we're not all that far away, just across the line. THE BOSS says she's seen that shrub but just can't recall the name. I'll bet she sits upright in the middle of the night and hollers out the name:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh cool! I flew in ON saturday over the mountains and the dogwoods stood out so clearly in the woods. I can't wait to get up there and see them on our part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chip, that's funny! I have the same glitches in my mental files--sometimes can't remember a name to save my life, then it comes to me hours later when the information is no longer relevant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...