Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Picking Up Bargains on the Way Home



 A trip is not complete with a few yard sale stops, right? Donna and I stopped at two sales on the way home from the storytelling conference in Ohio, and I came home with some good finds. The photo above shows some of them: a tin tea caddy from England, an American Pattern Glass butter dish in the Portland pattern (yes, I've already looked it up!--made around 1900),  a pretty handpainted cream and sugar set from Germany, a bowl full of safety pins that cost less than the pins alone and the bowl turned out to be a Fenton piece, a Pyrex Friendship Bird mixing bowl with a red and yellow pattern, three Fire King flame stackable coffee mugs,



two large gilt dresser mirror trays, a really nice set of Anchor Hocking amber swirl salad bowls,


 an American Pattern Glass goblet in the Narcissus Spray pattern (made around 1917)


and quite a few other things, including two glass-topped end tables for Donna. Her car was quite full with our suitcases, storytelling stuff and these treasures but we had a very good time. I was excited to find more pattern glass; that gave me an intriguing search this evening and since I was too tired to do much else, it made for a nice evening's browse through my pattern books and the internet trying to track these down.



Copyright 2007 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. Another good haul then:) I like the amber swirl glasses, they are very pretty. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was, Rowan :) And I had a very good time. I'll write more about it in today's post.

    I think my favorite find this time was the goblet. It is so beautiful, such detail in the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...