Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On the Road Again...

I'm away from home again, this time at the WV LIbrary Conference at the beautiful Stonewall Resort. I am presenting three times here: two storytelling sessions today (ghost stories and ballads) and tomorrow a ssession on how to have a successful writing contest at the library.





It's been great fun to reconnect with my library friends, many of whom I have not seen since I retired. And the storytelling! It's been just excellent--perfect audiences who listen well and appreciate the stories and ballads and the background information about them. I was worried about my voice since I am just getting over a cold, but it seemed to get better as I went along.

I'll be leaving here tomorrow afternoon so that I can get home in time to tell still more ghost stories, this time to the local 4-H club. Being a storyteller isn't glamorous or well-paid, but I cannot imagine anything as satisfying or enjoyable as this "job."

Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...