Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Lighting up the Season

I liked the little lights behind my red and green glass so well that I decided to add some to my china cabinet as well.



The outside lights helped dispel today's foggy gloom:

 and inside the little tree and lamps kept the gray at bay:

 while my little glass birds added a cheery note to the windows.
It was a dreary day, but I like these days because they force me to focus on indoor things. I got a lot accomplished, none of it photo-worthy but all of it necessary. I ordered more copies of my brochure because my stock is gone; I designed and ordered a post card to promote summer programs and I completed my notes and the handout for tomorrow's Christmas carols programs. If the sun had been shining I do not think I'd have buckled down to these tasks.

Tomorrow I'm on the road again to present three programs with my friend, musician Jeff Seager. Carols will abound in the Ohio Valley as we explore the history and legends behind the songs. I hope some of you will be able to join us at Paden City, Sistersville or Ripley for what promises to be a very good time.

Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo......I'll bet faeries will come now to live in your china........
    :)

    Have a bright day!
    *hugs*
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love indoor lights. I have glass jars on top my kitchen cupboards (canning, coffee, miscellaneous, pts, qts, 1/2 gallons) and I light them at Christmas with indoor lights. I enjoyed yours, tonight, in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your colored glass comes to life with the addition of light! Thanks for the tip! I think I'll try to brighten my little cabin the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas needs lots of lights. I especially love the little bird, glowing from within.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...