Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The New Year's Bonfire

Greetings, friends!
Once again we are having our New Year's bonfire, and inviting any and all to send their troubles to be burned in our fire on New Year's Eve so that the new year cvan be started with a lighter load and happier heart. I believe this makes the 12th year for our fire, although I really can't remember exactly when we started the tradition. My grandchildren look forward tossing in the troubles every year, sending each to the flames with a thought and a prayer for the sender.
So please send your troubles along; if you prefer, you can simply send a message saying "burn this" and it will be done. Messages can be sent as a comment on this post or as email to me at susannaholstein@yahoo.com
 
Please feel free to share this invitation to your friends and family.
 
If you are looking for ideas to celebrate the New Year, check out my past posts on the topic by clicking here.
 
Blessings to you all and my wishes that yours will be a peace-filled and trouble-free holiday season.
 

Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this way to ring in the new year, until I read it on your blog. I think it is a fantastic way to start the year with a fresh heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue (and grandchildren) please burn (x x x x x x x x x) this for me . . . (for Johanna) thank you! Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings to you! Please burn my illnesses, others' misunderstandings of mental illnesses, & peoples' prejudices. Thanks & God Bless! --Ursula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...