Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

More Booth Pics--Last for a While, I Promise!


Here's a peek at what I've done lately in the booth:

Remember the little cabinet we re-did? Here it is on display:



The big dollhouse that was displayed in the entertainment center sold so I put a few things in its place as temporary fix until I can being in something else to fill this space in the cabinet. That's one disadvantage of not being at my booths daily--when something sells it can leave a big gap. Riverbend staff and the Marietta staff are great about rearranging things to fill such holes, though, and they will call if a large piece of furniture sells which makes this less of a problem than it could be. And it's a good problem really, right? 


The china cabinet is sporting a Sale! sign. And a reminder that it can be put on layaway.


The "gardening table" has sold several books over the past few days, so I added more, along with a sweet little rabbit picture and a metal lamp with tulips on the base.


This little picture looked pitiful when I picked it up at a thrift store for a quarter. I took it apart, cleaned both sides of the glass, sanded and waxed the frame, put it back together and put new backing on it. A lot of work for a small picture, but now it's back to being something nice to display. And it only took me about 20 minutes to get it done.



Remember this little smoking stand?



Here it is with a new coat of paint and looking a lot more loved.


I can't remember if I showed this little table before. It was stained dark, so I sanded it, painted and antiqued and did a little distressing to age it.



 I love the way it looks now.


I bought this chair already painted, so I just added the china hat and a book. The first book sold so this one seemed to fit nicely--"The Pink House" is its title.


Copyright 2012 Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

9 comments:

  1. Love seeing your booth photos. A lot of work, great presentation, great range of items for sale. I do that with small pictures too. Your enamel top table with the small white shelf and all the small additions is lovely. Nice jadite collection. My morning treat, looking at your booth!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having so much fun with your displays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your booths. I rarely get to go thrift shopping - maybe twice a yr - so I really enjoy browsing from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Joy--I have the same fun looking at yours!

    And Quinn, you are exactly right--doing the displays is the most fun of all. Writing tags, not so much but it has to be done and I like making my own with my mother's old pinking shears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you stopped by Danielle--I completely enjoyed my visit to your Silver Pennies blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used the little cabinet to display all the tiny goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think one of your "super powers" is furnishings doctor. You resurrect the best things and bring them together so beautifully!
    It's nice that the staff steps in to fill the gaps . . . makes everything more appealing to visitors, I'm sure.
    Thanks for a mini-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh if only I lived close - there are so many things I would buy. Love to see the arranging and rearranging - never can have too many photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rearranging is important, I've found. A good example: I've had a set of pink candlesticks for some time--had them at both booths and no sale. Saturday I moved them to the front of an eye-level shelf and before I left the store they were sold. Sometimes it's just how something is displayed that makes the sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...