Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Quick and Easy Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Tarts, 3 Ingredients!


I came up with this recipe the other day while I was making mincemeat tarts. (For my mincemeat recipe, go here) I had extra pastry that had to be used up, so I looked around to see what I could do with it. These are as easy as can be, look pretty and taste divine. I posted a photo of them yesterday and thought later that others might want to give them a try.

Piecrust pastry, either homemade (see my recipe here) or store-bought
1 can of cherry pie filling (I never have had enough cherries to make my own, but maybe one day...)
Hershey's Kisses or similar chocolate pieces--I used milk chocolate, but it might be fun to experiment with other kinds

Roll out the pastry dough to as thin as you can make it and still be able to handle it (1/8 inch or even thinner if possible)

Cut the pastry dough in circles to fit your muffin pans. I used mini muffin pans and my biscuit cutter was perfect for this--about 3" circles.

Put the pastry rounds in the muffin cups carefully so it doesn't tear. Prick the bottoms of each cup with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven.

While the pastry is still hot, put one unwrapped chocolate candy into each pastry. Allow to sit for about 5-10 minutes to let the chocolate soften. When the chocolate is soft to the touch, spoon the pie filling over the chocolate in each cup. Remove from pans and let stand until the chocolate hardens.

That's it!




Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy and easy! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so delicious I would not DARE to make them unless I was taking them to someone else's house immediately! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...