Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Booth Update: Marietta

We managed to squeeze some time between storytelling trips to take some new things to our Marietta and Ravenswood booths. Summer is a tough time for us because the antique malls are busy and I am on the road so much that getting in to spruce things up is a challenge. I hope we're good to go for the next few weeks now.

Here's a look at Marietta:

We just brought in this buffet to replace the white dresser that sold last week:


 The fun part of this job is deciding how to stage  piece. For this one, I chose a vintage kitchen look, thinking perhaps someone might want to use this as a kitchen island or workstation.


The rustic corner, I call it--lots of old kitchenware here.


And the wall of frames, or framed art and mirrors that is:

 Another new piece for the booth is this oak drop-leaf table. I love this table; it's got a nice rustic/primitive look. Not perfect but very sturdy and versatile.


Table legs--love their shape:


 A few new items on the Hoosier cabinet. The jadeite bowls are steady sellers, as are the aluminum canisters.


More kitchenware:


I added these three Shenandoah pattern casseroles to the Pyrex for sale:


This basket is full of hardware: door knobs of all kinds, valve handles, drawer pulls, you name it.


I love this frame! Wishing I had a place for it at home, actually. And it's probably hanging upside down, come to think of it! I used it to frame a frame that's framing a matchsafe.

Pitchers, anyone?



More primitive stuff: doors, ladders, windows, camp stools, and although you can't see them in this photo, some pieces of picket fence.

Blue on blue: cobalt and French blue vases.


Ah, here's the picket fence, along with an old twin size iron bed.


Looking into one of our booths from outside.

I sold a castor set a couple weeks back, so brought in another one, along with the cool orange bird. Talk about mix-and-match eras--from Victorian to mid-century!


I thought these industrial stools would sell quickly, but perhaps when the college students are back in town they'll find a home.


Another addition is the chippy-paint magazine table. When I started sanding it and saw all the colors underneath, I just loved the look so I sanded it well, waxed and left it be.


That's the quick tour! The Antique Mall of Marietta is open 7 days a week and is located at the corner of Second and Butler in old-town Marietta, Ohio. I'm Dealer #61, so ask if you visit and the staff will show you where my booths are.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely pieces, wish I lived closer I would buy all of your pyrex bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos!
    love so many of these pieces,
    esp. the big red bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could visit in real life, that set of jadeite bowls and the pastry blender would come home with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...