Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Let There Be Light

These are my funky solar garden lights, cobbled together from what we had on hand. The first one is the base of a long-gone birdbath, with a crackle glass globe that was apparently once part of a table lamp because it has a hole in the top. It was a Goodwill $1.00 find. Inside is a $1.50 solar light. I really like the way these lights look, kind of otherworldly.


This second one is even more cobbled together. The base is the upside wire frame from something or other, don't know what--a junk shop find. I filled the wire with rocks to make it stable. The globe is another Goodwill find, part of a light fixture I'd guess. Inside is another of $1.50 solar lights.


 The last one is also a crackle glass lamp base globe, and it's sitting on top of the watering tube for the strawberry barrel with another of the cheapo solar lights in it.


I have to admit, though, my favorite garden light is this one: the firepit.



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...