Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

Junk Shop Man

We stopped at a junk shop today on our way home from Larry's appointment at the VA Hospital in Huntington, WV. I've wanted to stop here before, but this was the first time we found the place open. I only bought a little strainer, but the man who rain it was worth the stop.

"My wife and I have been married 61 years. I'm 82. In the last 2 weeks I canned over 600 quarts of stuff-dill beans, tomatoes, soup, pickled beets, cucumber pickles, sauerkraut...See that pickup out there? Had it full of beans and no one wanted them, so I canned them."

If you should happen to pass through Henderson, WV, stop in. Especially if you're in need of used appliances. He has plenty of them, but his conversation might be the best deal you'll find.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...