Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Been Pickin': Updates

We've had a busy time the last few days, working at our booths and doing a little shopping for more stock. Here's a peek at some of what we picked up over the weekend:

I love love love this 1937 Royal typewriter. It even has a case. Works pretty well too; a new ribbon would make it like new.


Two yoyo quilts. I am tempted to keep one of them, but we'll see.



We found this horsedrawn plow and a horsedrawn cultivator for a great deal. Both are in very good condition and are already at the Riverbend Antique Mall.


This is a folding sewing basket/table. The trays swing up and out, and they're full of vintage sewing notions. It tells the story of a patient, neat seamstress who saved and took care of her things.


A table full of small things. We were lucky enough to find a few pieces of Pyrex, harder and harder to find "in the wild," so to speak.



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

10 comments:

  1. I remember my mother learning to type on a machine like that. The noise was like World War I being re-enacted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good finds, pieces of the past. Love them.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink yoyo quilt is famtastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink yoyo quilt is just gorgeous, it'd be hard to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that sewing basket back in the day. Mercy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, you're right, noisy. And it takes a strong punch to push those keys down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Joy--it's the fun part of what we do--finding the stuff. ID and cleanup is the hard work, displaying is more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, my husband really likes the peach one too. I expected him to be all about the blue one. The peach is also my favorite. This one I will hate to see leave, even though I bought it to re-sell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't remember seeing a sewing basket like this one when I was young bbj, but I sure like them. I'd keep it if I didn't already have the one my Dad made for my mother in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had room for a sewing table like that one - I've got everything jammed into a shallow dresser drawer and I have to pretty much empty it when I need to find something!
    And that typewriter looks just like the one we had when I was little. I can hear it now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...