Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Birthday Thoughts

I've managed to survive 67 years, and so far:

* I've had no major sugeries,
* no joint replacements
* no broken bones
* no major illness

At least, not yet! A fractured foot years ago, my appendix out when I was four or five, a bout with bronchitis about 20 years ago. So I am grateful to have made it this far relatively intact. I own my home and my sons and their families are all well and happy; likewise my extended family. I've found work that I love, and a place in the world to sink roots and call home.

I've had my share of sadness and loss, and there were times when it was difficult to see the way ahead, and to believe I could be happy again. I will never be the carefree person I once was, but I have learned to tap the strength to find joy in the simple things of life.

So I face the coming year with optimism and hope, with those fingers crossed and a prayer in my heart. Here's to the next 67!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, and many happy returns of the day, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Granny. Happy birthday and you have just as many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I can't wait to wish you a happy 134th birthday!! But seriously, happy birthday to you. I'm sure you have brought much joy to many people through your story telling. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Here's to many, many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! And what an encouragement you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sue! I am almost 68, my husband will be 71 in October. We neither one take prescription drugs. We hope and pray for good health. We walk and work each day. I am family genealogist. My most long-lived ancestors were born in the 1800s. They had no retirement income so worked every day of their lives (farmed. Chickens. Garden. Carried water. Etc) had no prescription meds but maybe aspirin and a shot of whiskey or wine mow and then. So many more birthdays Sue -- and me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to many more with, as you say, optimism and hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...