Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Folk Festival

I've been a busy storyteller the past few days, and it hasn't let up yet.

I've told stories at libraries, to a church camp, a regional children's chorus, and at the WV State Folk Festival in the past week. Lots of variety, lots of stories, and good listeners all around.

I especially enjoyed the WV State Folk Festival in Glenville, WV. I didn't attend last year as my schedule just got too crazy, but this year I was determined to go. I missed seeing so many friends--many that I get to see only once or twice a year. I missed the music, the friendly, laid-back atmosphere of this festival, and all the activities that are part of this longest-running folk festival in the state.


Friday was a quick visit to meet friends for breakfast, tell stories for an hour, and then dash off to get back home and prepare for the children's chorus presentation that evening. But Saturday I had no other responsibilities. We enjoyed breakfast with friends again. listened to some storytellers, and I attended a gospel sing (way fun!) and the singing tent for a session or two. We watched the pet show, peeked in at the talent show, ate strawberry shortcake, and people-watched. It was great.


I wish we could have stayed longer but we were both exhausted by late afternoon and ready to head home. A good night's sleep did us a world of good. Today we spent cleaning house, working on gardens, cutting grass and all those other summer chores. We picked lots of cucumbers and I made dilll pickles, first of the year. We also picked squash, zucchini, banana peppers, green onions and green tomatoes because Larry wants a fried green tomato sandwich. Some of the small black and yellow cherry tomatoes are ripe too, and what a treat!

There's another busy week ahead, and I need to get to bed because I have an early start time tomorrow. I'll be away all week, but hope to be able to blog here and there as the opportunity presents itself.  See you then!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. You are a busy woman! This festival sounds like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What energy! You accomplish so much! You run rings around me. Thanks for taking the time to bring us up to date. Now, off for Round 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your ability to perform in public and do what you love to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...