Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Bargains in Antique Malls?

A few people have said to me, "I don't shop in antique malls. They're too expensive."

Ha! Obviously they've never visited my booths. While I do have some things that might be considered expensive, most of what I sell is moderate in price, and indeed with furniture probably less than you might pay for the same kind of item brand new.

But aside from that, even collectors and resellers can get lucky in antique malls if they keep their eyes open. As an example, here are a few things I found recently:


Smiley Pig small pitcher in Polka Dots. This little one was $8.00 with 20% off. She sells online for $29.99.


Hankscraft Egg Cups: $2 each with 20& off that.They sell for about $19-20 for the pair. They're considered a "go-along" with Fiesta Ware.



Aqua Pyrex 404 Bowl: This is the large mixing bowl in the currently popular aqua color. It was $16.95 with $15% off. Sells for $50-60. These big mixing bowls are harder to find, I think, than the "Cinderella" bowls that have the handles on them.



B&G Danmark Vase: made in Denmark, these uniusual vases have a smooth, beautiful finish. I paid $8 minus 20%, and similar pieces sell for $19 and up, depending on their rarity. I found not one like the one I bought, so it might be worth a bit more than some of the others.

These are just a few of the things I've found for great prices at antique malls. So there is hope for collectors and bargain hunters. The bargains are out there. We just need to keep our eyes open and know what we're looking at when we're on the hunt.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...