Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Mountaineer Military Museum

The Mountaineer Military Museum is another favorite museum of mine, and it is also in Weston, West Virginia. There are three great places to visit in Weston: The Museum of American Glass, the Transallegheny Lunatic Asylum, and this one.


 This Vietnam War memorial is especially touching.




The creator of the museum, Ron McVaney, is a Vietnam vet, and started the museum to honor the memories of friends who died in Vietnam. He and his wife Barbara have created an incredible resource for vets of all wars. I am sure many changes have been made since we last visited--it was pretty amazing even then. You can see my photos from that visit here.

Unfortunately the museum were closed when Larry went over the same day as I was visiting the glass museum, but he took photos from the outside.

The museum is housed in what was once the "colored school" back in the days of segregation.


We will have to try again. Currently the museum is open only on Saturdays, but they will try to accommodate visitors who call ahead to schedule a visit.

This is a work of love, and it really shows. Well worth taking the time to visit.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. It must be a moving place......

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    😊🔥😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever answer my question, in your comments, about where you got your wonderful not-real candles? I don't come back to re-read comments, so if you did, I missed it.

    My email addy is on my profile page. Would you please tell me, in an email?

    I never saw such wonderful "fake" candles! The one I have is a bust. Never got another. But I'd love to have some, on our mantle. It's an old beam from a barn, and was placed there, 50 years ago. On the whole wall of brick. -smile- Candles would go there, so well!!!!

    Please and thank you!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    😊🔥😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...