Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Yesterday called for soup. It's turned quite cold after Thursday's high winds and heavy rain. I kind of made this one up, basing it on a reciipe I saw online. Tomato-leek-rosemary-rice soup :) Here's the basic recipe--I don't measure so the amounts are approximate, but fairly close:
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 large leek, cleaned, cut and diced
Saute' these, then add
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp chopped basil (I used a tsp of dried)
Stir over medium/low heat until you can smell the herbs.
Add:
1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
2 cups chicken broth
1 quart canned or fresh tomatoes, or 1 quart tomato juice (I used juice.
Salt & pepper to taste
1-2 drops hot sauce
Simmer until flavors are blended, 15-20 minutes. While this is simmering, cook rice. I use the boil-in-bag rice, takes about 15 minutes which is perfect timing.
Add 2 cups of rice to the soup, simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
I don't think I've forgotten anything here...

We had grilled cheese sandwiches with it. Perfection!


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes, "Soup Weather"! It's certainly time for it, to roll around!!!!

    🍂🍁🔥🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup sounds really tasty!!!What a blessing your garden has been to you this year! We are hoping to get back to ours this coming spring. Hope that you have a beautiful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting to soup weather here, too. Went to my SIL's the other evening and she had made a big pot of soup, lots of good stuff in it. She is such an amazing cook, and lucky for me she thinks I don't eat enough (and I'm sure not telling her any different) so she sends me home with extra...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...