Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Covid Journal, Day 6: A Little Thing

73, humid, cloudy. We will probably see more rain today. 

While at the antique mall yesterday, I treated myself. It's funny how when Larry and I go sourcing, he tends to look for things he wants or needs, while I am almost solely focused on buying for resale. But yesterday I bought something just for me, something I've been looking at and resisting for quite a while.


I. Love. Red. Can you tell? Yellow is my favorite color--that light, sunny yellow of real butter and wild primroses, not the highway-department-gaudy yellow. Next favorite is red, good rich bright red. So you can see why this drip coffee pot spoke to me. And here at home on my table with my two other favorite colors--yeah, green is third--it's perfect.

We tried it out this morning. Works just right. I think I still like the coffee press coffee better, but Larry likes this and he's the real coffee drinker here. 

Little things, a bright spot in this not so great summer, make things better. A good, leisurely breakfast with good coffee after, that's pretty nice too. Saturday is off to a good start.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. It's delightful and characterful. Glad it makes acceptable coffee too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red coffee pot, I probably would hsve bought it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every now and then, you should do something just for yourself.
    You deserve it! Love you, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...