Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Covid Journal, Day 257: This and That

30 this morning, cloudy and feels colder than the temperature indicates. Maybe because the humidity is high? The sun came out in the afternoon, and tonight we expect temps in the low 20's. 

I got into a little project yesterday. You know how you save recipes, expecting sometime you might use them? I had a folder full of loose pages torn from magazines or printed from online sources, and a notebook full too--all disorganized. So yesterday I pulled them all out, found another notebook and some file folders, and began sorting.

Four hours later, I was done. I have one notebook for baking, the other for meals. Now, let's see how many of them I use. Some I know I will because they're old favorites. Others? Well...come this time next year, I'll re-visit those notebooks and do some weeding of recipes that weren't used. The only problem i ran into is that the one bigger notebook doesn't fit in my cookbook cabinet. So now I have another problem to solve.

This was a sad moment. A Facebook group I'm on has a Secret Santa thing, and one person offered a not-so-secret giveaway of some beautiful glass. I was thrilled to be getting a gorgeous cobalt pitcher, about 100 years old. But this is how it arrived.

Wrapped only in a cut-open bubble mailer, and wrapped around with a feed sack, then placed loosely in a box to shake around all the way from Arizona. Really heart-breaking.

The snow is still with us, although it has melted a bit today. I stepped out last night to snap a photo of the Christmas lights under the snow. So pretty. 


Today we took the camera for a ride across the ridge, just to look at the snow.


This one is going up the driveway--somehow I have them out of order. You can see how much the snow has melted.




This area always drifts in when we have more than a couple inches. The neighbors have had fun busting through it.

I've been slowly getting the Christmas decorations out. I'm close to finishing up. It seems harder this year for some reason and I don't feel the usual excitement I always have this time of year. I am hoping the spirit will grab me when I get the tree up, but before I can do that, I have to finish painting a buffet that is right in the way. So, back to work I go.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful snow. You got a lot more than we did. I feel the same way about decorating this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...