Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Covid Journal, Day 315: Another Snowy Day

26 this morning, with new snow on the ground. Only 2" but so pretty. Cold with flurries all day, never got above 28.

After spending yesterday working on our booth in Marietta, and picking up some estate sale items from a friend, we were both feeling tired and slow today. The overnight snow was a pleasant surprise, and we were glad we had nowhere we had to go today.




I spent the day sorting the estate sale things, listing on eBay and roasting two more turkeys and pulling the meat from the bones for canning tomorrow. I cut the breast meat off in large pieces and vacuum-sealed them for the freezer. They make a quick, easy dinner, just thaw, slice, warm up in gravy and serve over potatoes or noodles. Add a salad and there's dinner. 

Tomorrow is more booth work. I was delighted to hear that the formica-topped table and red chairs went on layaway today, and now I will have to get busy getting another table-and-chairs set ready. 



I finished my book, Chestnut Street, By Maeve Binchy. What a delightful read--one of those books you don't want to put down, and then are sad when it's finished because you really want more. I highly recommend it. The book is a series of short stories, all about the people who live on Chestnut Street, with the tales often weaving together the various characters in the different stories. I will have to read more of Maeve Binchy's books; I remember reading some of them years ago, and now I want to see if I like her other work as much as I did this book.

A short post tonight, as I am tired and want some fireside time before bed, so I'll say good night all, and see you tomorrow. 

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. A good Snow Day!
    I so loved Maeve Binchy's books. There are not enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read some Maeve Binchy books but not that one. I think it probably has a different title over here. Sounds like a good read. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...