Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Whirlwind

45 this morning, a rare mostly sunny day that never reached 60.

I've had no time to write the past few days. Mother's Day was busy, of course, then yesterday I worked at the antique mall, helping move things around so a new vendor could move in. Came home, did eBay packing and that was that.

Today the roofers came, and by 5pm we had a nice new metal roof. It was, as you can imagine, a very noisy day. These guys were Amish, and great workers. Our roof looks great, and I can finally quit worrying about leaks.

While they worked, I planted. I had a lot of plants that's I'd bought over the past few weeks, but there has been little opportunity to plant or even pot them up. Today was the day, though. I got them all done, and they look so perky. With such cool temperatures, and the sun playing hide-and-seek with the clouds, it was a perfect day to be outside. When I finished with that job, and with weeding and pruning and general cleaning up in the gardens, I came inside and painted two tables. Now I am packing eBay, again, and then calling it quits for the day. No photos, sadly--I was just too busy to grab the camera. 

Tomorrow, it's back to the antique mall to begin setting up my new booth, I hope. Or maybe to just continue helping the former vendor move out. Whichever, it will be a full day.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news on your new roof. It's fantastic that you got all your plants platned in the ground so now you can enjoy seeing them grow. Good luck at the antique mall rearranging your spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...