Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2021

A Week in the Life

56 this morning, with a light drizzle occasionally and overcast. Supposed to clear up later on.

The week never slowed down, and right now I am glad it is Sunday and we can take a slower pace for a day or two. 

Tuesday, as I last posted, the roofers came. Wednesday I was back at the antique mall, helping to clear out my new booth and beginning the process of moving in. I mixed in some training while I was there too, trying to absorb as much as I can before I work a full day on my own. This was how the booth looked after that day. As you can see, we'd just barely got started, really. 


We spent Thursday at home, working in the gardens, finishing up some pieces to take to the booth, and catching up on housework and laundry. It was a perfect evening for the firepit, and that's how we ended the day. You see the broken flowerpot by the firepit? That's what happens when the dogs get too rambunctious, wanting to be the one to be closest to us.



Friday was back at the mall. I got there in time to learn the opening procedures and Larry arrived a little while later. Then it was back to work on the booth, with a few breaks to work behind the desk, once while the owner went out to lunch which left me on my own for an hour. I only had to call her once! Credit card sales still intimidate me. This is how things looked when we left. Making progress.


This is the table I finished on Thursday. Sofa tables have been a hot item lately.


The green recliner is already sold, I think, to a neighbor. It was a great find.


The shelves are still a little sparse, but coming along.


And this is the project Larry finished. He had to do some repair to the frame, but it's now sturdy and almost good as new.


Our display window. I'll have fun setting this up each month.


We spent Friday evening at the firepit again, a perfect end to the day.

Yesterday we were in Ohio, near Columbus, picking up some furniture and cruising yard sales. The van was full by the time we stopped for a late lunch/early dinner at Shade Winery, which is not far from the Ohio River. We both had their house salad with grilled chicken. The salad was enormous and delicious, and so was their Chardonnay. I bought a bottle to bring home. 



We stopped again on the way home to visit with Leah, the antique mall owner. She was in town with her camper at a music event where her husband's band was playing. It was nice to sit there, not far from the river, and chat. Across a small field from us was an older home, and we had to laugh at seeing a Black Lab come out an open window onto the roof of a lower addition to the house. He was such a good boy that when the owners, who were outside, called to him to go back inside, he would---only to pop out again a few minutes later. That black thing on the addition roof is the dog, not the best photo I'm afraid.




And then, of all things, behind the same house, a huge hog suddenly appeared in the doorway of a small garage. When we realized that there was nothing to stop the hog from walking right out into the street, Larry ran across and called to the owners, who were quick to hurry the hog back inside. Apparently they are planning to breed her, and have a place out in the country where they have other hogs. Why this one is a town girl remains a mystery.


We left before it got too late, and came home. We'd only been home a few minutes when we heard a car coming down our driveway. It turned out to be some neighbors we hadn't seen in weeks, so we had a great visit as the evening waned to darkness. Then it was inside to read a while and just unwind before bed.

Today we're having a slow start. Sometimes I have to remember that we're both almost 70! It seems like we should be slowing down some but it's not happening yet. But right now it's 11 am as I write and we've just finished breakfast and having coffee. I am determined to do as little as possible until noon. Then I'll be out to the garden. It's time to get some seeds and plants in the ground.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy lady! Your booth looks wonderful. I hope the window adds to your success.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...